Check out our Feature Video
We created this feature video for you, so that you have a quick overview over the features “Horizon – Your Portable Glass Cockpit” comes with.
For more details, please see the information below.
3D Synthetic Vision
The 3D Synthetic Vision provides an indication of the aircraft’s attitude as well as the area close to the aircraft such as terrain, nearby ChartElements, Runways, … and the current Procedure.
The current Procedure is shown as a tunnel in the sky. This can be for example a Direct to a destination, a Holding, an Approach, … .
The terrain is rendered in warning colors in case of a small vertical distance to the terrain.
Useful flight informations are displayed in a PFD like style (such as groundspeed, altitude, vertical speed, groundtrack, bearing, destination).
Horizon can provide a backup attitude indicator (also called AHRS, Attitude and Heading Reference System) given that you use good sensors.
Many tablets have good internal sensors (gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer, GPS) which can be used in conjuction with our innovative Sensor Fusion Algorithms to get a pretty reliable attitude indication. Our Sensor Fusion Algorithms have been carefully developed and heavily tested. Now they make it possible to get an attitude indication even while using internal sensors only.
Nevertheless we are going to offer an external Sensorbox which will be able to estimate the attitude independent of internal tablet sensors. This Sensorbox is planned to be released in 2018.
- worldwide* chart data with:
- Waypoints / GPS fixes
- VFR Reporting Points
- High quality worldwide terrain data (except greenland and antarctica)
- Support for US VFR Sectional raster charts
- Support for custom waypoints and other custom elements
- Manual and automatic calibration for best accuracy
- Flight plans
- Viewing details of chart elements
- Viewing glide infos (such as estimated altitude above destination, current glide ratio, …)
- Connection with the free FlightGear flight simulator
- Multiple display support (via UDP Forwarding)
- In-App help / manual
- Attitude accuracy indication
* worldwide data include: high quality data for Europe, USA, New Zealand, Canada and basic data for the rest of the world. Please also see our distribution overview maps.